Imagine solo travelling to another city, self driving using GPS and suddenly you see your smartphone is running out of battery in the middle of the road and the GPS is the only source of navigation.
Whom do you desperately miss at this moment?
Charging point or a power bank?
It’s definitely a power bank, a bank you can bank on at that moment.
A power bank is a portable energy source that you can easily carry in your pocket or backpack. It gives a very feasible approach to powering smart phones and other portable electronics.
This transportable gadget includes excessive electricity batteries and an exceptionally designed circuit that controls the flow of electric electricity or energy stored inside the ‘bank’ that’s used to charge smartphones, tablets or other devices.
Smartphones have grown to be an essential part of lifestyles. From the time we awaken till we sleep, we substantially use our smartphones for; calls, emails, enjoyment and so much more. The usage of power banks have multiplied due to the limitations of current-generation mobile product batteries.
With all the functions the smartphones are offering nowadays, they are becoming greater energy hungry and drain the battery very quickly. Manufacturers definitely attempt to have larger batteries to increase running life but there are boundaries due to the weight and length of the battery and if they promise 10 hours continuous screen time, we just tend to always run out of charge.
Just picture this situation, you are already extremely late for work and you realize that you have forgotten to switch on the charger and your battery is dead. On top of this, you are expecting your manager’s call for an urgent mail. This isn’t even a hypothetical situation, this is something that is so close to what we face almost daily in our life at similar moments.
Can you afford to waste time by charging your phone at that moment? This is exactly the time when you can bank upon a power bank in spite of the fact that your phone has the best battery.
Power bank is just like a financial bank where funds are deposited, stored, and withdrawn when needed.
They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, every brand has their unique product design. They are made for many different people and their unique needs. It’s observed that the usage of power banks has risen a lot and the main reason is that they provide a very convenient and easy method of charging smartphones and other devices when away from mains power.
After understanding the main benefit, are you still on the fence about having power bank chargers as your everyday item?
Let’s simplify and give you the reasons why they are beneficial to you everytime, every single day.
1. Great gifting item – It is a great gifting item for individuals as well as for corporates, as everyone who owns a smartphone, needs this valuable asset. The number of people using phones is significantly increasing each year. You can also get these customised at stores to make it more personalised.
2. Portable – The greatest benefit of power banks is that it is portable. They aren’t heavy and are super convenient to carry everywhere. With so much advancements, there are power banks that can even fit in your pockets.
3. Multiple Sockets – Another wonderful feature of power banks is that there are multiple charging ports, which help in charging more than one gadget at once with extreme convenience. Power Banks can have up to six ports.
4. Compatibility – Power banks can supply power different to the gadget’s brand and manufacturer till the time the cord is compatible with the socket.
5. Higher Charging Capacity – Powerbanks are designed to provide users with multiple charging chances. A single device can charge up to four times with a portable charger. The best power banks can also run for several hours while supplying power.
None of your important calls, email and texts will be interrupted and you can conveniently charge your phone with a powerbank. It gives you so much freedom.
Well, let’s dive further into and understand that there are different types of power bank portable charger that can be bought.
The main types of power banks include the following:
- Universal or standard power bank or electrical power bank: These are the most commonly available electrical power banks that are available in all stores as well as online. They are charged from the normal USB sources like USB chargers or cords, as it is fully charged, there is indication on the power bank to show the state of charge.. Once fully charged the power bank can be used to charge other devices.
- Solar power bank: These solar power banks use sunlight to charge up. As the solar charging is very slow, they can also be additionally charged from a USB charger as well. The solar charging is a beneficial lower back-up, mainly if you are traveling far from mains power. It can take over 24 hours to charge a few, and as there glaringly isn’t always brilliant solar at night time, or even all day, it can take a giant at the same time as to charge.
- Wireless power bank: With many devices like telephones, ear-pods etc now having the functionality to be charged wirelessly, this concept has been followed through the energy bank enterprise. It is possible to gain power banks which can be themselves charged from a widespread USB supply.
Now, we are sure that you are all already thinking about buying the best power bank, however before you go further, make sure you take care of these factors before you make the buying decision.
Factors to consider before buying the best power bank, include:
The most important thing to remember is that the capacity of a power bank should always be more than the capacity your phone requires. For example, a 2400 mAh capacity will not be able to fully charge a phone with a requirement of 3200 mAh capacity, a power bank with 6000 mAh would be able to charge the phone fully.
Ask the following questions to yourself before going forward with this:
- How often would you like to charge your electronic devices without charging your power bank? – this will tell the capacity required.
- For what device you are going to use your power bank? – This is important because obviously a laptop needs more power than a smartphone.
Pro tip: Keep in mind the mAh of the device you want to charge. The mAh of the Power bank should be higher than that of your phone or device you use. To know the same of your phone, do the following –
Go to the settings options -> About Phone -> Battery information.
Under this option, there’s the capacity of the device that is measured in milliamp hours (mAh).
The power banks of these days are so advanced that you don’t need to make a preference for this query. Do you operate your tablet and smartphone concurrently and extensively? Some power banks have 1 output outlet; some have 2, and so forth. Choosing one relies upon how many gadgets you will need to charge at the same time. You will discover a variety of power banks with five USB ports available inside the market. These power banks not only offer excellent multi-charging alternatives but also can be used as a charging hub for a couple of digital gadgets.
While travelling, we have discovered that there are a few people who choose to keep their cell phones in their hand no matter how crowded it is. Whereas, there are a few who additionally opt to maintain their devices in their pockets even when traveling. What category do you fall in? In both cases, choosing something weighing approximately around 86 to 92 grams is a good choice. The size consideration is essential as you need to take the power bank with you. A power bank of your smartphone or tablet is capable for your pocket but a larger laptop power bank isn’t. A laptop electricity bank does match your backpack or handbag. They weigh around 300-500 grams and will be a great choice as it could be effortlessly carried around in the bag without being stressed.
Besides the capacity of the power bank, another important thing is the amperage. It tells you how fast the power bank will charge your electronic devices. Higher the current (amp) the device charges rapidly. Many economic power banks come with a charging speed of 1 Amp. If your portable power bank has 1 Amp charging current then you are likely to experience a fairly slow charging process. Whereas, in case of dual or multi-port banks you may find each port carrying different amperage. With advanced technology, there are several power banks with rapid charging facilities, however not every phone can support the full power of a rapid charger. Therefore, it is absolutely essential to check if your phone supports quick charging technology or not and decide the pick for power bank.
Now that you have a list of factors to see before you head out to pick the right power, prepare a quick checklist for your purchase because we are listing the top 10 power banks that you must check to finalise your buying decision.
Are you ready to feed your phones the best Power Banks?
This power bank by Aimpire is of a medium size and has the capacity of 26800mAh. The power bank is a good fit to charge both smartphones as well as laptops. Additionally, it also has a rapid charging facility which enables fast charging. The fast charger can also be used for smartwatches, Bluetooth earphones/speakers, fitness trackers, etc.
- Type-C port supported with PD65W input/output which helps in maintaining a good speech while charging. The charging efficiency is four times faster than most commonly available 5V/3A power banks.
- The charging capacity of this power bank is huge, it can last for a week even by charging multiple devices.
- This power bank has a smart chip which helps this fast charger stay away from short circuit, overcharge, overvoltage, overcurrent, overheating. It also has multiple intelligent protection with rigorous safety testing from inside out which helps in avoiding hidden dangers and ensures users’ safety.
- The best thing is that you can check the remaining battery percentage while charging the wireless portable charger on a digital LED indicator and plan accordingly.
- You don’t need to worry about the compatibility with other devices as this power bank can be used with all phones & laptops.
All in all, the double fast charge output helps in simultaneously charging both your laptop and phone really well. You can just leave your charger aside, just carry this power bank and you are all set. This power bank is equipped with micro and type-C two input ports, dual USB and type-C three output ports, has high current intelligent matching equipment which supports charging and discharging business efficiently and quickly, has a digital indicator and is the perfect buy if you want to use your power panels with multiple devices for a longer duration. Great capacity, the only wish is that, only if it were lighter, but that’s okay considering the capacity it’s offering.
T-CORE 20000M power bank comes with a pack of 10000mAh capacity, that is just enough juice to charge your phone 5 times, and adds about 50 hours of web browsing time. It has fast charging technology and gives efficient fast charging for both input and output, which in turn saves your time to a great extent.
Additionally, it has a dazzling exterior and is durable.
If you don’t like to go out with a power bank as bulky as a brick, this power bank is for you. It is only half the normal size of a bank card and we would say it loves pockets as it fits into one.
- 10,000 mAh portable power bank which can solve your problem with its amazing capacity.
- It is compatible with not only all the phones, tablets but your smaller devices like AirPods, Bluetooth headphones, fitness trackers, smart watches, etc.
- It’s durable because of the material used and is compact enough to not be a burden for you to carry always.
- It is of 37Wh, which is far lower than the restricted 100Wh to be carried on the plane easily.
- The back of the power bank is fashioned in a mirror which will let you love it forever. The alumina-made, mirror-effect shell is high-end and perfect to use as a mirror.
In a nutshell, this power bank would recharge a dead Note 9 twice.
The digital readout of this power bank is very nice and clear so one can know about the drainage of the battery too. Super light! It’s ideal when traveling/sightseeing and charges both iPhone and Android. In addition, the two outputs USB ports make it convenient enough to use for a family while traveling. Great investment indeed!It looks exactly like the picture and has all the features that are listed. This has to be the most exciting external charging product we have seen on Amazon
This portable charger is for use on the go anywhere anytime! If you make sure your smart devices are always connected with it all the time, you are sure that the battery is never draining out.
This was launched in 2019 and is the latest design portable charger with a high capacity of 25800mAh.
- You name the gadget, from phones to laptops to iPad, iwatch, Airpods to Tablets, Bluetooth devices and more, it is compatible with all. The capacity is so high that it can charge 6 to 8 times and eliminates the anxiety of your battery running out always. That’s the reason it is suited for long travels and even outdoor sports.
- It comes along with the Dual USB ports which helps in charging two devices simultaneously, both the ports charge in almost 8-10 hours on average, which is beneficial for overnight charging.
- Additionally, it comes with four led lights that show the current power of the item and one can easily press the power button to turn it on or off.
Although it has a plastic housing for the battery, it’s a smooth plastic with a good quality feel to it, especially how bright the led power lights are so you don’t have to hold at an obscure angle. It charges via a micro usb which they provided. It’s great for charging multiple electronics so you don’t have to worry which to use as you can use both.The color contrast of the red and black is also beautiful. It gives it a nice look and makes it easier to find in the dark. It charges and recharges really efficiently. This portable charger is cheaper and better than a brookstone mobile charger. A totally recommended product for you to buy because it is very suitable for visiting and business, etc.
Pxwaxpy portable charger power bank 30800mAh has the largest capacity on the market. It could charge your phone at least 6-8 times and is perfectly suitable for business, travelling, and going out for longer duration.
- The high capacity of the power bank helps in not running off the battery easily and one is never anxious of the same. The power supply adopts PD fast charge for charging, 4~6 hours full charge.
- The portable charger has features which help in not leading it to overcharging, overvoltage, overcurrent and short circuit.
- This power bank comes with 3 output ports – you can charge 3 devices simultaneously, which is such a blessing. If you compare it with any non-fast charging power bank, it saves more than half of the time.
- This portable charger is literally universally compatible with all products via USB charging cable, including all iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, other devices and so on and the display also additionally shows the charge of the power bank which makes the work easy. LCD Display Power bank is just the coolest way to report remaining power. PD25W, 2 QC4.0 fits your latest iPhone and Android perfectly
Consumers really like this portable charger. They prefer the digital display of what percent is left that this unit has. Some also charge it up with the kindle plug which is convenient. The 2 usb charging ports are great to charge 2 devices at the same time. This charger allows the phone to fully charge the phone and not have to worry about losing power.
This power bank is a double pack with 15000mAh power capacity, something from which any phone can be charged to its full power 3 to 4 times at least. Additionally, you can also connect two devices simultaneously and feed them with energy, they are pretty smooth.
- It is pretty simple and easy to use, they don’t need a power button to start or stop, it is smart enough to start and stop on it’s own. It also has four LEDs which denote its remaining capacity when it is less than 25%.
- In spite of the huge capacity these power banks come with, they still provide a fantastic portable experience because of it’s slim features and one can carry it everywhere with ease.
- They are built with a very high quality battery which helps to charge your phone safely. It won’t get too hot or cause a lot of heat on the battery of your phone and prevents over-voltage, over-charging, over-current, or short circuit, etc.
- They are also airline friendly and can be easily carried without problems.
It’s worth the money, because it’s two of them and people love it even more as it keeps the phone charged all day. The cons are it’s kind of big and heavy and it takes a little long to fully charge the portable charger, not the devices it’s charging it goes pretty fast to charge the phones. These are very solid packs! Almost like stainless steel material they are about the size of your phone so very easy to take anywhere. They came pre charged and with two usb micro cables. Has a type c connection for faster charge rate. From 30% to fully charged phone with 40% left on the pack. So with two one can charge their phone 3 times on the go. Very well packed for the value!
This advanced wireless portable charger comes with a capacity of 26800mAh powerful enough to juice up your phone for several times. It is equipped with a solar panel, so you can just hang it on your backpack to recharge via sunlight. It also has a built in LED flashlight with “Steady-Flashing-SOS” 3 modes, which is highly sturdy and of a durable design, that make it perfect for outdoor activities.
- It is a cable-free solar power bank with wireless output that supports all phones for charging.
- The 26800mAh High Capacity charger powerfully delivers 8 charges for an iphone and stays up to 8 days on reliable power in a single recharge.
- The next best part is that it can charge 4 devices simultaneously at full speed. You can fully charge your power bank in 7 hours with a USB C charger.
- Serves as not only an on-the-go charger but a handy flashlight in the dark.
It is highly recommended that the power bank should be fully charged via outlet before first use. The solar charger will achieve better results when charged and discharged 3 times or more and if not used frequently, this portable charger needs to be recharged every 3 months. Solar charging also works and takes about 1 week of max sunshine for a full charge. Wireless charging works well for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus and reaches full charge in 2 hours, which is the same as with the original Samsung wireless charger. Flashlight is strong and the whole build looks sturdy. Power bank logic stops batteries from getting too low and hence from damage. Not a small power bank, but it has the power we need for every situation. So far so good. Compact, lightweight and rechargeable. Their customer service is fast and friendly. Buying this is a no-brainer!
MOSKIZ brand develops solar power banks for consumer friends, they are trying their best to bring satisfying purchasing experience and life enjoyments. The power bank comes with fast charging, 10W wireless, super bright led flashlight, IP67 waterproof and rugged structure. It is an outdoor enthusiast favorite, a practical cell phone charger for Christmas, business gift, birthday, office working etc.
- It is a very portable charger and can charge 6 times for iPhone 13 pro, 7 times for Samsung Galaxy S8 , 4 times for Mini 4, 5 times for game switch and comes with fast charging & wireless Type-C port.
- Additionally, the Ultra Bright Led Flashlight has strong, soft, SOS and strobe – four modes, which help the person to send emergency signals. That’s the reason it is widely used for camping, fishing, hiking, adventure, car repairing and more.
- It has a solar panel as a backup charger when other sources are unavailable. The solar charger function is subjected to weather, season, geographic latitude, altitude, atmospheric mass and other environmental factors.
When connected directly to the phone, it charges fast. It has the system to charge the phone when placing it on top, without needing a cable to connect it. Another pro is the light it comes with, it is very powerful and super useful as a strong flashlight. The bad thing about this is that it takes a while to charge, so that feature works if you have some spare time. However, keep in mind the weight of this power bank. It is pretty heavy and bulky. But it is okay as it holds so much power. Consumers have been able to charge their phone 4-5 times before it dies. It also has a wireless charging option which is super convenient. The solar charging works great as well. This is extremely convenient for camping or if my power goes out.
This is a solar charger as long as there is sunlight as it has four high-conversion solar charging panels that can be continuously charged and it charges pretty quickly. Its high capacity battery lets you get rid of all the trouble by assuring you that you are never running out of battery. Its solar power is 12W and the input current is 1.5A.
- It comes with a wireless charging function and charges up to 3 devices at the same time. No need to worry about the power of mobile devices.
- It can work in extreme environments, so it is definitely travel friendly as it is waterproof, drop-proof and dust-proof.
- Solar power bank has a built-in smart chip that can automatically identify and be compatible with different devices, convert fluctuating voltage into stable voltage, stabilize the device, and ensure safe use.
- Additionally, the Ultra Bright Led Flashlight has strong, soft, SOS and strobe – four modes, which help the person to send emergency signals. That’s the reason it is widely used for camping, fishing, hiking, adventure, car repairing and more. Distress signals can be sent at critical times.
Did you know you can use this while inside and it charges quickly? Whether daily work, life or outdoor activities, leave your worries behind with the portable power wherever you go. Please take it to explore this wonderful world. The size and the quality is extremely nice. And the weight of it is mostly the battery and it is not that heavy. The external clip is good so you can hang it on the outside of a pack makes it super easy to always access and being “ruggedized” you aren’t worried about it. It’s the biggest battery pack found with a whooping 35800mAh. With 4 additional solar panels, it keeps going all day. It’s rubberized and it’s ports are sealed when not in use.The emergency flashlights are quite interesting and they are quite bright. Plug into this battery pack and not long you will be at 100% charged battery.
Hiluckey solar power bank is compatible with almost all the 5V devices such as smartphones and tablets. It has a 25000mAh High Capacity and is made of Li-polymer battery and can charge your phones 8-10 times or tablets 3-4 times for an average of 9 days of usage per charge.
- It comes with 4 foldable high-efficiency solar panels, which gives upto 1A input current under the sunlight and is 4 – 6 times faster than the other solar chargers. Additionally, it can also be charged with a micro USB cable.
- It allows you to charge 2 devices simultaneously with high speed charging
- It is best built outdoors because of the rugged construction and is also dust, shock and waterproof.
- Additionally, the Ultra Bright Led Flashlight has SOS mode, which helps the person to send emergency signals. That’s the reason it is widely used for camping, fishing, hiking, adventure, car repairing and more. Distress signals can be sent at critical times.
It works like a champ. During the day, you can leave the solar charger exposed to the sun and overnight it charges your entire phone’s battery. If the solar charger has LESS battery life than what you’re trying to charge it will take the power out of the device you’re trying to charge and take that power into the solar charger. Make sure you have a full charge on the solar charger before trying to charge something else with it. This is a much bigger and heavier unit, so it’s not something you can carry in a pocket, but based on testing, you can carry it in a go bag. The bottom line is that this item will go out the door, and would recommend it to anyone looking for an emergency power pack. It’s way too bulky for a day-to-day carry power source, but if you are expecting or planning to be completely without any electrical power for more than a couple of days, then this may be the way to go.
It is specially designed for outdoors with a compact design and with a hook + Carabiner, so you can freely attach it to your backpack in camping, and it will recharge itself under direct sunshine for emergencies. Solar backup battery is made of safe and reliable materials, allowing you to use it with confidence. It protects it from rain, dirt and shock / drops. Intelligent security protection, avoid over-current, over-voltage, overload and short circuit, etc. Awesome for outside activities such as camping, hiking and other emergency use.
- It can be charged with a solar panel and can recharge by solar or outlet and is compatible with almost all devices.
- It can charge two smartphones simultaneously smoothly and comes along with 2 led lights that can be used as flashlights with Steady-SOS-Strobe mode.
- The indicators clearly show the status of the battery charger timely.
- The solar panel charging efficiency will be environmental and sometimes may take longer to charge.
If fully powered it can run the led lights all day without fail, and there was still about 50% power left at the end. It charges through microUSB which is fine. It is compact and has a sturdy solar cell design. This device absorbs light to store batteries used to charge phones and electronic devices. The battery capacity is large so do not worry too much about using the battery fast. The battery has a built-in mode, even when not charging by solar energy, it can also be charged with electricity. Suitable for traveling, camping, and home use.
Well, now you clearly know a lot about power banks and are ready to decide your choice of best power bank, from the top 10 products above.
Before you go ahead with that, we would request you to take a moment and read on these few instructions so that your decision is best and the power bank works for you longer than expected.
It’s extremely rare for any power bank to damage the battery of your phone but just be on the safe side, here are some cases it might happen and some ways on how to fix them:
1. Bad Quality Power Bank: Make sure you buy from a trustworthy source as a bad quality power bank can damage your phone’s battery.
2. Wrong Voltage: The wrong voltage in your power bank can lead to problems. The ideal voltage to charge a phone is 5V, nothing more, nothing else.
3. Overcharging: Using power banks constantly will over time damage the battery. To avoid this problem, avoid using your power bank to overcharge your phone.
Apart from this, do remember, to keep the purchase receipt to prove purchase date in case of warranty. Apart from the warranties, here are a few do’s and don’ts you need to bear in mind while using a power bank.
- It is advisable to NOT leave the battery on prolonged charge as it could damage its lifespan.
- Only use connecting cables provided with the power bank or of your mobile device.
- Don’t cover the power bank or your device when charging as the device could explode if not charged in a well-ventilated environment.
Power bank chargers are mainly useful as they allow battery powered gadgets to be charged on the pass. As it is not usually viable to reach a mains electricity factor every time a mobile telephone or other battery powered object desires charging, these power banks have now become an established product and they are very useful, especially when travelling.
A power bank could make a huge distinction whilst camping, touring, or attending a competition. It can help prevent your phone, tablet, or other electronic devices from running out of battery. You never know when you might be stuck without a wall outlet, so keeping a power bank nearby can save you in the long run.
Finally, are you ready to charge your mobile phone anywhere?
Well, why the wait, have the power you can bank upon.