When it comes to buying accessories for your phone, which one is the most important for you?
The most common answer is obviously the charger. There are some who like phone covers and others are fans of camera extensions. But those of us who are looking for immediate privacy wherever they might be headphones are definitely the most loved phone accessory.
Within seconds, you can completely transform your surroundings and your mood with a simple set of headphones.
If you are looking forward to buying a new pair, read on for an extensive guide to buying headphones. And if you are not, then allow us to help you find a reason to consider buying one.
Among a lot of ways we are using our phones, we require earphones anyway for consuming the audiovisual content. But if you are here researching for the next set of headphones, we can help you make up your mind. Consider the following ways you can motivate yourself towards a new pair.
This is the most obvious and foremost reason to buy a set of earphones or headphones. Music is an integral part of our lives that can contribute towards our well-being and emotions. For those of us who like listening to music, and that includes not just audiophiles but anyone who listens to music at least more than a few minutes per day, can really benefit or enjoy their music day after day with a good pair of headphones.
Be more productive
Everybody likes listening to music but, a lot of noise even if it is music can be distracting. Headphones allow us with an option to deafen the surrounding sounds or chatter and helps bring the focus when it’s really needed. Using a pair of headphones while studying or working on report that requires you to concentrate can bring out your productivity by reducing auditory distractions
Especially on a long flight with toddlers on board you will definitely appreciate a good pair of noise cancellation headphones that allows you as many hours of sleep as you can regardless of the noise. For many people who find it difficult to differentiate between the overwhelming auditory stimulation, headphones help restore order. And for those who work in a factory where it’s too loud because of the loud machinery, headphones can help with reducing noise damage to ears.
Relieve stress/ shift mood
After a particularly long day of work or after a moody day you pick up your headphones and play the most peppy and energy charged song, you feel instantly light and recharged for the rest of the day. Music has been an integral part of our lives in helping us shift our moods and relieve stress. Headphones help by bringing this wonderful magic in the palm of our hands available to use anytime anywhere without having anyone know!
Yes, we agree that headphones are an indispensable part of our lives, so the question now arises that what do you look for in buying new headphones?
You might have to do a little trial with what kind of shape of the ear tips or headphones are the most comfortable for you. The in-ear headphones are discrete but may not be comfortable to wear for a long time whereas over the ear headphones may be more comfortable but are way too big in size to be carried everywhere.
Especially with wireless earphones being all the rage right now you must consider the battery life of the headphones against your expected typical usage every day. The smaller earbuds last only a couple of hours, but bigger headphones have a battery life that lasts longer.
Noise reduction or cancellation
When only people who made music in studios or at home required noise cancellation features in their headphones today you can buy one for yourself at any time. Noise cancellation headphones can be slightly more expensive than their counterparts so only if you absolutely require the noise cancellation feature you must invest in one.
Headphones allow isolation of sounds and bring a dynamic range of sounds to the level of our hearing. Even if you absolutely love the deep bass and clarity of sound in your $500 headphones it is not everyone’s preference for a cup of tea. Make sure you try the headphones for checking the level of quality of music you require before buying them.
Even if a lot of us are using headphones or earphones these days to answer phone calls and stay connected through Zoom calls, many headphones are made without microphones. Be sure to keep your necessity of taking or answering calls in mind and check for a mic or an option to attach a mic, in the headphones that you are planning to buy next.
Here follows a comprehensive list of all kinds of headphones or earphones that we can find along with their pros and cons observed through popular opinions. Along with their benefits and features we have included products that we found to be most loved by users online with each category of headphones to save your time from research.
Also known as full size headphones over the ear headphones are literally just that. they will fit around your ear. So obviously you can expect them to be the largest size of headphones you may see around a store.
- These headphones are known for exceptional quality of sound they provide
- You can expect surprisingly low-end tones being created by the headphones while catching all the incredible details and depths of the sound.
- Because of the size and their structure they are unmatched in the quality of sound they provide and are much better suited for people looking for isolation of sound as well as noises.
- Even though most people might find their size too big these are incredibly comfortable to wear without causing any pressure on the ears even for prolonged use.
- The most obvious disadvantage of over the ear headphones is the large size. Caring for them all day every day can be a task.
- They are not the most travel-friendly accessories because of the inconvenient size and weight in some cases.
- If over the ear headphones provide you with the best sound quality they are also the most expensive product among all other categories of headphones or earbuds.
- Most popular for the sound quality that can knock you off your feet at an amazingly affordable price, Zihnic Over Ear Headphones will make you fall in love with them.
- With a unique foldable design these earphones can start over each other and back into a small carry along case making it a considerable choice for travelling or active people.
- While fitting over your ears the ear muff is made of artificial leather that ensures you remain comfortable as long as you are using the headphones or when you decide to go hands free with long calls thanks to a built-in mic.
- The headphones are Bluetooth enabled with 20 hours of playtime with only 2.5 hours of charging. In case you run out of battery then simply reach out for the wired mode.
- 12 months warranty for a 100% customer satisfaction and easy returns, allows you to give this brilliant product a shot
- For those of us who are fans of bass in their music the iJoy Premium Headphones provide you with an exceptional and accurate bass response making it a favorite among music lovers.
- Made with everyday use in mind, these headphones are designed with quality materials and an ergonomic design that does not keep falling off of your head, making it perfect fit for your music, Zoom calls, and your online games with a built-in mic.
- With most users loving the quick charging, lightweight built, and brilliant sound quality iJoy Premium Headphones are a favorite pair of headphones worth its price for many.
- Available in many different colors to choose from, these headphones are seamlessly compatible with all your devices and if that isn’t enough, you get a 6-month exchange warranty for any damaged product.
As the name suggests these sit on top of your ear. Having a wide range of features as well as cost, these headphones are versatile. These are popular for highly immersive sound similar to over the ear headphones along with noise cancellation making it a favorite among people for or using in public places.
- They offer satisfactory noise cancellation for using headphones in a noisy environment.
- They are lightweight making them one of the best options for enjoying quality sound with noise cancellation while travelling
- On ear headphones do not fall off your head as you move around or with your neck movement even with continuous use or while participating in active hobbies.
- These earphones are compact as compared to over the ear headphones and are easy to carry. They are considerably discreet to wear for work or listening to music with adjustable headbands that fit everyone.
- With prolonged use the foam around the cans that rests over the years can begin to stink because of absorbing sweat especially if you use them to work out.
- Since your ears are pressed with these on-ear headphones, your ears may feel tired or uncomfortable if you wear them for a long time.
- With 16 hour long of battery life on only 2 hours of charging time the JBL TUNE 500BT headphones offer you affordable JBL quality of music along with comfort.
- The headphones come for your assistance at all times with a long battery life and a built-in mic, so that you can go completely hands free without worrying about wires or chargers while travelling or working.
- With the customary JBL pure bass sound you can connect to all your devices seamlessly. Even with voice activated devices the headphones offer perfect connectivity without using your phone.
- The headphones are padded with soft foam cushions so that you can wear these all day long without any discomfort. Being lightweight and foldable you can carry them and your music along everywhere that you like.
- Sony brings you WH-CH510, wireless on-ear headphones to help you enjoy your music anywhere you go with the control over not only volume but also playlist for a truly dynamic music experience.
- With neat swiveling ear cups that lay flat you can easily slip them into a bag or pack them in a suitcase whenever you wish to carry them along.
- These headphones make your music and entertainment available for you to enjoy by yourself at any time while you can access Siri or Google Assistant with just the touch of a button.
- The headphones come with a USB type C charging cable. A fully charged headphones provide you with an unbelievable 36 hours of quick charging battery life.
- Forget about missing calls or faulty Bluetooth connections when you answer your calls without even touching your phone with just one button.
These are probably the most commonly used headphones that are designed to sit in your ear canal. They may not be the best for music lovers but provide all the functionality of headphones for your device. All of us have owned one of these at some point or another for the affordable and compact accessory to listen to music.
- The most common popular use for in-ear earphones is because of their small size. You can easily hide them under your clothes or beanie caps or scarf, if you want to and continue to listen to your music or podcast without seeming obvious.
- Because of the compact size of the in-ear headphones they are also the most affordable options for headphones while being available in wired and wireless types.
- You can experience a considerable amount of sound and noise isolation with these in-ear headphones because of their placement at the beginning of the ear canal.
- There is no problem in answering or listening to lengthy conversations over the phone with a built -in mic option available with the headphones.
- With increased convenience of size and portability of these compact in-ear headphones, what you are deprived of is the quality of music and clarity death the largest headphones have to offer.
- They may not be befitting for each person’s near canal making them fall off repeatedly or simply uncomfortable to use.
- You cannot use in-ear headphones for long periods of time as your ears may feel tired after a while.
- Available in 14 different color options for you to choose Panasonic ErgoFit Headphones are widely popular among users for being exceptionally handy and stylish.
- The ergonomic design of these in-ear headphones comes with three sets of ear pads to find your perfect fit along with an option of choosing mic or no mic according to your usage.
- While being wired in the era of wireless headphones Panasonic ErgoFit Headphones score high marks with users for the convenience, comfort and fit that these headphones bring at the price.
- The low price does not compromise on the quality, and it is supported by several users reviews after many years of continuous usage
- Designed by keeping all the physically active music lovers in mind, these in-ear headphones are wonderful during your running or workout sessions.
- With the sound isolation of in-ear design along with absence of wires the Bose SoundSport headphones are a high-end option for ultimate music experience perfectly suitable for working out and moving about.
- With a compact and easy to carry case these phones are easy to switch between devices with the help of the Boss application.
- The earphones come with a battery that requires 2 hours to fully charge for up to 6 hours of battery life per charge helping you enjoy your workouts and then extend relaxation or conversations afterwards. You will not be able to use the headphones while they charge though.
Open back means that these headphones do not come with a cover on the outer part of the can or the cup. This means the sound escapes to your surroundings as you use it. Since they allow the air to pass through they make up for a good listening experience at home or while outdoors.
- Because of the air passing through the music or sound from your speakers to the surrounding environment you always have situational awareness that means you will not be isolated from the surrounding sounds which can be important for you to hear too.
- You will realize the sounds from your phones are much wider with open back headphones which means they create a much more realistic experience for listening.
- The sounds spread throughout the room making the music sound bigger, clearer and more natural.
- You will not experience any low frequency buildup or resonance when you are using these headphones for your music.
- As the sound skips through your headphone speakers to your surroundings you should leave these at home if you plan to listen to music at work.
- You may have to keep in mind that there is little or no noise cancellation provided by these headphones, that means for an immersive sound, pick quieter surroundings or be aware of noise around you.
- Since open back headphones offer a much clearer and natural sound experience they are often used in professional mixing studios. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO is a much loved open back headphones that are perfectly fit for professional mixing, editing, listening and mastering at home or in a studio.
- The headphone components are handmade and can be replaced if needed. These are easy to wear headphones with replaceable soft velour ear pads for comfortable listening even for longer periods.
- The Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO headphones are world-famous for delivering high quality of sound reproduction that is unmatched specially at the price that it’s at.
- Designed especially for those sound enthusiasts in a studio, you will experience exceptionally spacious transparent, clear sounds with a strong bass and treble sound.
- With the well-crafted open back design of Philips Audio Philips SHP9500 HiFi Headphones you get to experience the full spectrum of sound.
- With ear cushions that are much more breathable than its counterpart product you can wear these headphones comfortably for as long as you like and a 1.5 m of removable cable allows you to move around as well.
- Headphones make for easy handling and the 3.5 mm jack makes convenient switching between sources or adding a mic which isn’t included with the product.
- The exquisite open back design with over the ear headphones eliminates the build up of air pressure behind the driver which in turn exponentially improves the transparency of sound and smoothens extended high frequencies.
As the name suggests these headphones have a defining closed cup covering the cans or speakers. The closed-back headphones provide you with the best kind of immersive music experience even in noisy surroundings.
- One of the biggest advantages of these headphones is the isolation from the surrounding noises. No one can hear what you are listening to on your headphones even if they are sitting right next to you.
- As compared to open back headphones these headphones provide a more immersive music experience while cutting down all the noise surrounding you.
- The sound does not leak into the recording for your surroundings. This kind of high-quality isolation is extremely handy when it comes to recording podcast videos or tracks.
- There is nothing that can distract you from the sounds in your ears while using a closed back set of headphones.
- If you are completely immersed in the sound in your ears you will not be aware of your surrounding sounds at all which can cause problems in some cases.
- Since there is no no sound from the headphones leaking into your surroundings the sound can become quite heavy after a while.
- You may not be able to concentrate on work or studying while wearing these headphones because of the big sound associated with closed back at force.
- Endless number of users vouch for the best quality of headphones that you can get at this price with these headphones.
- The Tascam TH-02 Studio Headphones are built for rigorous and prolonged use. The roasting headphones stay in place and are easy to pack with optimum comfort along with cushioned ear pads and headband.
- Only after you have once heard the sound through this sturdy, yet stylish set of headphones will you realize what a massively explosive sound quality that it packs at the price.
- With an exceptional ease of access to switch between devices and accessories such as a mic, you may not realize how quickly you will get used to having these as your headphones along with you at all times.
- For an essentially affordable option of headphones that provide you with a comfortable music experience without straining your ears, try the SENNHEISER HD 206 Headphones.
- Try them when you are recording for sounds all music at home or in studios to find out its excellent performance at noise isolation.
- These headphones are popular with DJs or prolonged listening sessions because of the cushioned headbands and speakers without causing any pain or discomfort to the ears.
- Although discontinued by the manufacturer, you can find these headphones from Amazon for easy compatibility between cell phones, computers, audio players or studio recorders with the 3.5 mm plug and 6.3 mm adaptor that comes along with the headphones.
- While the headphones score high marks for compatibility, excellent sound and comfort for wearing you also get an extended non-removable cord that allows freedom to move and might even be shortened with a tie when not needed.
A lot of headphones provide you with the ultimate noise-cancelling experience to filter out all outside noises and keep your focus only on the track being played. By being mindful of the features you can make the best of noise-cancelling headphones.
- For those of us who enjoy travelling but do not have the ability to fall asleep during a loud airplane ride or enjoy themselves on a particularly busy road, these headphones with their noise-cancelling abilities can help.
- A lot of people who experience an auditory overload can benefit with the noise-cancelling headphones and even boost their concentration levels resulting in increased productivity.
- You may not even need to listen to music but to cancel the noise you can simply wear the headphones, and you will find absolute silence required for you to sleep or focus on the task at hand.
- With built-in mic these headphones can improve the quality of phone calls by reducing the noise or distracting noise without having to leave the room.
- Even though noise cancellation looks like a perfect feature for working in a noisy coffee shop, in situations where you have to pay attention to the surroundings, such as while driving, noise-cancelling headphones can be hazardous in nature by reducing situational awareness.
- You may want to enjoy the benefits of noise-cancelling headphones, but a good quality of headphones can be downright expensive.
- With these Bluetooth enabled wireless headphones you can find the quiet that you need anywhere at any time and concentrate on what really needs your focus.
- When fully charged Bose QuietComfort 35 II can provide you with up to 20 hours of uninterrupted noise cancellation. When you decide to use the backup audio cable with the headphones the Bluetooth turns off, and you can use your headphones for an extended 40 hours of noise cancellation.
- With the touch of a button you can have your personalized voice assistant or Google Assistant in the countries that it is available, fully functional to control your music and information from your headphones itself.
- The microphone works hard in keeping the noise to the minimum with the noise rejecting mechanism and picks up voice to enable clear conversations.
- In the world of expensive noise-cancelling wireless headphones comes the very affordable Anker Soundcore Life Q20 headphones to allow you to experience ultimate noise-cancelling whenever you may need it.
- You can reduce surrounding ambient noises up to 90% with the noise cancellation features of Anker noise-cancelling Headphones to a massive 40 hours play time and a whopping 60 hours regular playtime with wired use.
- When taking a break from the noise cancellation features you can experience exclusive base up technology that strengthens the base output of your music providing you with an unmatched listening experience of your music.
Most of the earphones that are worn over-the-head are bulky and require separate space for carrying along. Earbuds are invented to suffice the need for compact and easy to carry earphones that are in-ear and wireless.
- If one word could describe earbuds it is compact. They are the smaller version of your in-ear earphones that can easily fit in your pocket.
- You can wear them discreetly under your open hair or a hat. Especially with the absence of wires they may not be noticeable at all.
- From answering calls to switching to the next track you can do anything that you are required to do with your earphones with the touch of a button without having to touch your phone or device.
- Providing you with 5-8 hours of play time varying from one type to another, your earbuds can easily become your favorite accessory for answering phone calls and uninterrupted entertainment.
- The most obvious and most common disadvantage of earbuds is that you can lose them pretty quickly if you don’t keep an active eye out for them. The compact size and wirelessness requires you to be careful about not losing them.
- The battery life is only a couple of hours even in high-end brands and requires you to carry the charging case for charging and that you can keep them safe when not in use.
- With a perfectly ergonomic design these earbuds stay put whether you are commuting to work or working out. Even the one with particularly small ears find these earbuds perfectly fitting.
- Available in black and a pink variant Tribit wireless earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 IPX8 scores exceptionally well in terms of the design that works for most of its users not only for being comfy but suitable for continuous usage as well.
- Packed with a long-lasting battery, 20 year birds provide you with 100 hours of play time with the charging case and 5 hours playtime per charge.
- If all this isn’t enough you may even use the charging case as a portable charger for your phone too.
- Available in 8 exciting colors to choose from, earbuds are made for activity and are very popular among users despite their price leaning towards expensive.
- Do not worry about leaving your music behind for a long journey or for a workout session. Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds are here to provide you with 9 hours of listening time in each earbud and more than 24 hours with the charging case.
- The secure fit ear hooks are adjustable and customizable with ear tips options to extend your comfort while you work out or answer work calls.
- You can even try audio sharing by pairing two sets of headphones to one iPhone and enjoy the same song, podcast or a movie with anyone.
By extending the groundbreaking technology that creates hearing aids, bone conduction headphones function by resting over your cheekbones and conduct sound vibration through bone, facilitating hearing without the participation of eardrum.
- Designed especially for people with hearing disability or suffering from hearing loss using a hearing aid, bone conduction headphones facilities hearing for people who are hard of hearing.
- Even if the technology may sound daunting or weird, it is completely safe for use and does not affect hearing.
- You can practice awareness of your surroundings while wearing these headphones and at the same time listen to the sounds in your headphones.
- Specially for walking through traffic or participating in outdoor activities these headphones function perfectly well by providing hearing or even entertainment to the people who really need a hearing aid.
- People who are completely deaf in one ear may also be able to enjoy stereo sound with the help of bone conduction headphones.
- It may be difficult to adjust to or keep it stable or in its place while walking or doing vigorous activities.
- There is no noise cancellation or reduction of ambient sounds around you.
- Since this product has been designed keeping hearing impaired people in mind you should not expect a high quality of sound.
- Made with open fit design and bone conduction technology the music is delivered through your cheekbones keeping your ears completely open for surrounding sound.
- Compatible with all your devices, AFTERSHOKZ Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones will be your perfect listening companion for conversations, music or calls whenever you like.
- With brand-new premium pitch technology these headphones deliver reduced natural sound leakage and ensure the best audio available for you on the go.
- Do not worry about moisture or sweat ruining your headphones. They pass the ultimate test of durability by repelling not just dust or sweat but also moisture through most strenuous activities or workout.
- Listen to your podcast to answer calls with a noise-cancelling mic equipped with six hours of battery life. Their phones are easy to control with a multi functional button that allows you to pause, skip tracks, answer calls or summon voice assistants.
- For anyone looking for alternative listening devices apart from usual available options then bone conduction headphones are an excellent choice. Unlike headphones or in ear headphones and airpods, bone conduction headphones work outside the ear canal.
- These headphones with the open ear wireless design allows you to stay connected to your calls and media as you practice awareness of your surroundings resulting in better safety while driving or jogging out in the public space.
- It takes about 2 hours for the headphones to charge completely and gives 6 hours of playtime.
- The ergonomic design is comfortable for everyone to wear along with their activities while resisting rain and sweat.
We take our time to bring you these products based on extensive research along with products that shine through the reviews by the users so that you can take your time to do better things with your time. Let us know your experience with your headphones and any products that you have bought with our help, in the comments.